We have been closely monitoring the on-going COVID-19 situation with campus administrators and constantly evaluating ways in which the IU Outdoor Pool can be safely opened for IU students, faculty, staff, and public guests. Unfortunately, the convergence of a number of variables necessitated the decision to keep the IU Outdoor Pool closed for the 2021 season.
- The continuing threat of COVID-19 as a public health concern.
- Due to the continuation of university policy through Summer 2021:
- Physical/social distancing requirements and continued mask mandates would greatly reduce the number of people permitted at the pool at one time, limit activity to lap swim only, and prohibit open recreational swim.
- We would be unable to welcome public guests, facility rentals, and swim lessons.
- A shortage of required personnel with summer classes being offered online.